Of course you can eat coconut oil raw. It's a food. And so it's safe to eat coconut oil straight from the jar. But the problem is, can you handle the oily mouthfeel by eating coconut oil raw directly? Secondly, are you okay with the coconut odor if it is the unrefined virgin coconut oil?
Honestly, as a veteran, I can't even stand the oily mouthfeel when consuming coconut oil straight from the jar, be it refined or unrefined. But If you think you can handle the raw, oily mouthfeel directly out of the jar, be my guest.
Oops, I almost forgot to tell you. When you take coconut oil straight from the jar, make sure your stomach is not empty. Otherwise, it might turn into a disaster. Why? Coconut oil may trigger diarrhea if you were to ingest it raw on an empty stomach.
To avoid any potential side effects from consuming coconut oil, it's better to eat coconut oil raw only after food. Or you can just add it to your meals and mix well. Just make sure your stomach is not empty when you consume coconut oil directly. Better be safe than be sorry.
You might also like to find out...
- Is virgin coconut oil acidic or alkaline?
- Is coconut oil acid or alkaline-forming?
- Does coconut oil have omega-3 fatty acids?
- Does coconut oil cause green poop?
- Does coconut oil in coffee make you poop?
- Does coconut oil make coffee less acidic?
- Does coconut oil need to be refrigerated after opening?
- Can you heat coconut oil in the microwave?
- Can coconut oil cause gas and bloating?
- Is coconut oil a natural preservative?