It's actually safe to eat as much coconut oil daily as you can. Are you worried that the high saturated fat content in coconut oil might cause heart disease? Trust me, it won't. I've been eating 3 to 5 tablespoons of coconut oil every day since 2006. My heart has never been healthier. So, it's 100% safe to eat coconut oil daily.
Despite the fact that coconut oil is safe for everyday consumption, you should start off with just a teaspoon per day. Why?
Too much coconut oil in one sitting may cause nausea. And if you take that amount on an empty stomach, coconut oil may cause diarrhea. Not just diarrhea and nausea, coconut oil can induce other side effects when you ingest a bit too much.
That's the reason why I suggest to start off with eating only a teaspoon per day. When you feel safe with this amount of coconut oil after a few days, slowly build up your intake over time. Don't rush.
Once your body gets used to coconut oil, you can consume as much as 3, 4 or even 7 tablespoons of coconut oil per day. I've even heard some veterans ingesting 10 tablespoons of coconut oil daily.
In fact, daily consumption of 3 or 4 tablespoons of coconut oil is good enough for health benefits. If you're doing weight loss, that amount should help trim you down gradually.
You might also like to find out...
- Does eating coconut oil shorten your period?
- Is it good to eat coconut oil before bed?
- Does coconut oil raise cholesterol?
- What happens when you eat too much coconut oil?
- Should you eat coconut oil every day?
- Can you eat coconut oil raw?
- Can coconut oil cause gas and bloating?
- Why does coconut oil cause diarrhea?
- Can you add coconut oil to coffee and is it good?
- Does coconut oil have preservatives?